Here are detailed instructions on How to set Nicknames on Facebook Messenger if you want to change the nickname of the person with whom you are chatting
Your Facebook name is used in Messenger conversations to identify you, so you can stay connected to your friends and family.
It is quite common for friends to come up with nicknames. Then, suppose you have more than one friend with the same name and surname.
In such cases, you can change the names of friends you see on social media, or set a nickname for them if you are using Facebook Messenger, you don’t need to ask your friend to do so.
The nicknames and funny names you use with friends depending on how you feel about the friendship and where you feel most comfortable.
If you want to avoid receiving notifications from Facebook Messenger, you can hide individual posts or albums, or see Archived Messages.
If you follow the steps in the guide below, you will be able to set Nicknames on Facebook Messenger
How to set Nicknames in Facebook Messenger
Making your chats more fun is possible with the help of this feature.
For Android and iPhone users, follow these steps:
Method 1: On Android / iPhone App
- Open the Facebook Messenger app on your phone. Facebook Messenger will appear on your home screen.
- You can set the nickname for a person by tapping on the conversation thread where the nickname is to be set.
- At the top of the screen, tap the name of the person in the conversation. You will see a screen with information about that specific chat
- In the menu, tap on “Nicknames.”. You will see the Nicknames screen.
- Select the person you want to nickname
- Edit Nickname window will appear.
- Once you have entered the nickname for this user, tap on save in the Facebook Messenger chat.
Method 2: On Desktop/ Pc
- Sign in to your Facebook account by opening Facebook.com in your web browser.
- In the upper right corner, click Messenger, and then click See All in Messenger
- In the conversation window, click Customize Chat and then Edit Nicknames to set a nickname for the person you wish to set a nickname for. To reveal the right panel, click the Information icon at the upper right corner of the conversation.
- Select the name of the person you wish to nickname.
- Select a nickname for them and click the Checkmark.
You can assign nicknames to users in a Messenger chat to make it more friendly. Follow the steps in the guide, you will be able to set Nicknames on Facebook Messenger
If you have any questions about the steps, please feel free to post them in the comment section.
Facebook Messenger offers more than muted notifications. You can hide your individual photos or entire albums so that you aren’t bothered by conversations.