Notifications can be disabled in a number of ways. This article describes How to Disable Notifications for a Facebook Post.
If you have many Facebook friends or are part of a very chatty family group, Facebook can bombard you with unwanted notifications.
You can disable Facebook post notifications if they are bothering you or If you keep getting poked by someone.
I receive notifications when:
- My post or comment was liked by someone.
- My friend posted something in a group I’m part of.
- Someone I don’t know posted in a group I’m in.
- I’m interested in the same event as someone else. We can be non-committal together.
- This appears to be a promotion for Facebook Games, the company’s competitor to Twitch, which streamed video games live.
There are several options for enabling and disabling Facebook post notifications.
Sometimes, you can even hide individual posts or photo albums, or Facebook Messenger notifications can be turned off, as well as changing the color or recovering posts, messages, comments, groups, and pages.
How to Disable Notifications for a Facebook Post
The following method can also be used to enable notifications from a specific post on Facebook.
For Android and iPhone users, follow these steps:
Method 1: On Android / iPhone App
- Open the Facebook app on your phone
- Log in to your account
- Locate the post whose notifications you wish to turn off
- Click on the 3 dot line when you see the menu appear and then take your mouse over the notification.
- You will receive a second submenu when you click on the three dots. Click on Turn off notifications for this photo or post to disable the unwanted Facebook Notifications.
Method 2: On Desktop/ Pc
- Sign in to your Facebook account by opening Facebook.com in your web browser.
- Click on the 3 dots at the upper right corner of the post you no longer want to receive notifications for, and then select Turn off notifications.
What are push notifications On Facebook?
On the Facebook website, you receive push notifications in the upper-right corner of the screen, or under the Notifications menu. In the Facebook app, notifications appear on your phone screen, which you can control using your phone’s notification settings.
How do I fix Facebook notifications on mobile?
Check your mobile device’s settings, apps, and Facebook, and then check that your push notifications are on if they’re off. If they’re on, try turning them off and on again.
Does Facebook charge for SMS notifications?
SMS notifications are not charged by Facebook, but your provider may. Check your provider’s SMS plans for more information.
Why do I receive notifications on Facebook?
Your friend will contact you directly if they reply to your comment on a Facebook post. Your friend will also contact you if they tag you in a post. Facebook may also occasionally highlight posts by friends you might like.
Social media platforms can be annoying when someone texts you constantly, even when you are busy. These Facebook notifications do not apply to the job or are unnecessary. This guide will teach you how to disable Facebook notifications on a page if you manage multiple pages, particularly if admin privileges are only required for an integration or ad.
If you have any questions about the steps, please feel free to post them in the comment section.
Facebook Messenger offers more than muted notifications. You can hide your individual photos or entire albums so that you aren’t bothered by conversations.
- 1 How to Disable Notifications for a Facebook Post
- 2 What are push notifications On Facebook?
- 3 How do I fix Facebook notifications on mobile?
- 4 Does Facebook charge for SMS notifications?
- 5 Why do I receive notifications on Facebook?
- 6 Conclusion